Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Techy Non-Techy Toys

My daughter got two fake cellphones for Christmas this year.  Yes, it's cute to see her running around having fake conversations with imaginary people but truthfully it doesn't sit well with me.  I'm a tech loving guy but I don't really want her getting obsessed with a cellphone before the age of two. 

She already thinks my cellphone is magic because on rare occasions I let her play with the music apps.  She likes to make music.  I would rather she be obsessed with playing with blocks or reading pop-up books.  It's amazing how quick kids become attached to electronics and not their age appropriate toys. 

The last thing I want is for her to get obsessed with playing Minecraft on an iPad.  I would rather she become mildly interested in the far superior PC version of Minecraft.  I mean, the mobile version sill doesn't even have horses yet.  Terrible. 

Anyway.  I guess it's not horrible.  She did drop the phone toy for a coloring book so that made me feel good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment