Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Holiday Games Review!

It's been a busy holiday season so sadly I haven't had many free afternoons to try out some new games.  In fact I've been sucked back into classics like Civ V.  It's always a fantastic way to spend a long winter night with a glass of Christmas whiskey.  In addition I've played the odd game of Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.  It was a bit of a departure for me who usually snags a few Steam sale games to check out.

This year my acquisitions didn't live up to my expectations.  I had been into Open TTD and wanted more railroad games so I bought Sid Meier's Railroads!  It has potential but honestly it was a little less than I was expecting.  I also picked up Tom Clancy's EndWar since I'm a fan of any strategy war game.  That too wasn't quite the game I was hoping.  To be fair I haven't tried it with the voice commands in place yet which could change my opinion.

So my holiday buys didn't give me the gaming boost I was suspecting.  There's still New Years and some untouched titles in my library.  Maybe I'll discover some secret gems that will turn things around.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment