Monday, February 1, 2016

Sick

I can't seem to shake being sick this winter.  I was just starting to feel better but I seem to have taken a turn for the worse again.  It's a little crazy that we have the knowledge to make all kinds of drugs but the inability to get access to them.  I blame the schools.

We have a huge range of painkillers and other drugs we can purchase over the counter but we still can't get basic antibiotics  without a prescription.  I understand that the majority of people don't know how to accurately diagnose themselves.  With a little knowledge it really isn't that hard to know when you need some basic antibiotics.  If we had better education about basic health then we could bring antibiotics into the over the counter market.  If that was done we could massively decrease clinic congestion and make healthcare cheaper for all.

Mainly I'm just angry that I know when I need antibiotics, I have to go to the clinic then wait around for someone to write my prescription.  I spend more time in the waiting room than I do meeting with a doctor.  It's a giant waste of time. 

Boo.  I'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment